Sunday, November 13, 2016

Week 3-4 Assignment




This level assignment required us to create a level that was both functional with a list of criteria, as well as aesthetically pleasing.

I decided to create a pirate island after looking through the available asset packs on the Z-drive. Once I had a theme, I knew how I wanted to layout the level, and how I could use the theme to influence how I used the criteria. To add more game elements, I created a goal for the player as well as hazards. To get across the large body of water, the player has to jump on small platforms, or get on a moving boat, either way, it requires proper timing. The goal of the game is to find the treasure by following the path of coins.



The Character Blueprint: The character can sprint, double jump, and crouch


The original idea for the map


The more complete version of the map

Creating the Loot Box

The elevator matinee


Creating the rain particle system

Adding "bobbing" matinees to the platforms and boxes


Adding foliage and props

 Some final shots:
















1 comment:

  1. Really impressive layout and use of the assets! Way to go! I think you could have used some checkpoints or a god mode for displaying your work in class!

    ReplyDelete