Sunday, November 20, 2016

Week 6: Maya Modeling Project



We mixed things up this week by moving from level-making in Unreal Engine to modeling in Maya. This was my first time creating something in Maya (besides a beveled box, but let's be honest, that doesn't really count).

For this assignment, we were asked to model and texture a car.

We started by using reference images, importing them into Maya after separating them in photoshop, then began modeling the car:




After creating a rough outline of half of the car, I moved the vertices around to give it more shape.





Trying to get a feel for the areas around the wheels. This was probably the most challenging part for me, as I could never seem to get them as round and clean as I would like.

Adding the side mirrors
Adding the wheels
Adding the spoiler



The finished car, with a blinn applied to it.


Unfortunately, I had complications texturing the car. I hope to add the textures as soon as possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment